By following the directions below you can add an exception to the Kaspersky Firewall:
- Right click on the Kaspersky icon on your desktop.
- Then left click “Settings” from the menu.
- Left click “Threats and Exclusions” from the navigation bar on the left of the Settings screen.
- Now left click the “Settings” button on the right side of the screen under exclusions. This will bring up the “Trusted Zone” window.
- From the opened window, left click “Add” link.
- A new window will open up with the name of “Exclusion Rule“. Left click the box next to “Object” and put a checkmark in the box. Make sure that there is no check mark next to “Threats type“. Once this is done left click on “select object…“.
- The “Browse” window will open up. Select “Browse…“.
- Browse the list starting from “My Computer” to the “Licensing” folder. The path for this is C:\ProgramData\CivilGeo\Licensing
- Make sure to select the entire folder and not just “License ServiceApp.exe”.
- Select “OK” on each of the prompted window until Kaspersky is completely closed.
This article should resolve your firewall configuration issues. If you are still having issues, contact our technical support. They will be glad to assist you further.