It is quite easy to export the HEC-RAS model that the software generates to an AutoCAD drawing file.
Follow these steps to export a HEC-RAS model to AutoCAD:
- Select Input | Export Data | Export HEC-RAS to AutoCAD from the ribbon menu.
- The Export HEC-RAS to AutoCAD dialog box will be displayed.
- This dialog box provides various options for exporting the AutoCAD drawing file:
- The directory and AutoCAD drawing file name for the HEC-RAS data to be exported can be specified.
- The individual HEC-RAS elements can be selected for export. Each HEC-RAS element type is placed on its own drawing layer. For example, all of the cross sections are placed on a cross section drawing layer. Also, 2D elements are written out as 2D polylines, whereas 3D elements (i.e., cross sections) are written out as 3D polylines.
- The HEC-RAS model analysis output flood map(s) can be included in the AutoCAD drawing file.
- When all of the options have been properly defined, click the [Export] button to export the HEC-RAS project to AutoCAD.
Only the current scenario (or plan) will be written out to the AutoCAD drawing file. Separate drawing files will need to be created if multiple scenarios are to be exported to AutoCAD.