Our software is licensed as a single workstation license, floating network license, or cloud license.
To get a floating network license to work within a local area network (LAN) environment, a Network License Server needs to be installed on a computer within the network. The Network License Server runs as a Windows service on the computer it is installed on.
The computer that the Network License Server is installed on can be any kind of computer (i.e., workstation or server), but must be assigned a static IP address in order for the software to find the Network License Server.
If you have not yet received the Network License Server, see this article. Otherwise, if you have received an email that has a ZIP file attachment, the attachment contains the Network License Server. The Network License Server that you received was created specifically for the computer that you provided the License Server ID and the License Server network IP address for. Included in the ZIP file is an MSI installation program for installing the Network License Server along with some required support files.
Installing the Network License Server
Follow these steps to install the Network License Server:
- Copy the provided ZIP file into a temporary directory on the same computer that you provided the License Server ID for.
- Remove the trailing underscore from the ZIP file (change xxxxxx.zip_ to xxxxxx.zip).
- Uncompress the contents of the ZIP file into the same directory.
- Run the MSI installation program.
- Follow the installation prompts.
The entire process of installing the Network License Server takes a couple of minutes.
Verifying the Network License Server Status
Once the installation has successfully finished, the Network License Server will be automatically updated as Running within Microsoft Windows Services. To verify the Network License Server status, follow these steps:
- Launch CivilGEO License Server Configuration utility.
- Select Display License Server information and click the [Next] button.
- You should see the License Server status as Running.
If you are still having issues, contact our technical support. They will be glad to assist you further.
The next step is to activate the software so that it finds the Network License Server.